Monday, January 18, 2010

Off to Kindergarten...not really just dance class

If you know my Samantha D then you know that she can't just WALK anywhere, she has to dance, run, leap, bounce, twirl, skip, hop, jump to any place she is going. She often refers to herself as 'Tigger' because she just has to bounce all the time. For her Birthday we put her in DANCE class, and boy does she love it. On her first day at dance she walked into her class room like "I have arrived" she didn't even look back at me, she just did it. I was so proud of her and the confidence that she has as a three year old, but also a little sad. It was at that moment that she had truly grown up and had no baby or little, little girl in her. I almost felt like she was off to kindergarte. You mothers know that feeling that when your child has reached a mile marker or has accomplished something on there own that you yourself was not ready for them to do, she did it. I know some of you might be saying "its just dance class", but not for my Samantha. For her it was the fact that she had the confidence to walk into that class room without mom or dad and have the door shut behind her. I think one of my biggest fears as a mother for my children is, "will I be able to give them or help build up the confidence they need as they grow up". My fear has been somewhat diminished, at least for Samantha. Its amazing how one little dance class one day a week has changed her confidence. She often says, "I can do it mom, because I am in dance". I love her for that. And I hope she never looses that attitude in life "I have arrived and I can do it".



6 comments:

Chris and Aubrey said...

I am so excited for her. She is ready. It will be good for her to make friends and show them what she is all about. It will be good for you too. You are such a good Mom and Sammie is an awesome girl.

Shay said...

Take lots of video!! She looks so big in those pictures!!! I miss her. Oh and I miss you too. Bachelor tonight!!!

Erin said...

Love love love the pictures of her ready to dance. She looks so much like you D, what a cutie! You should be so proud. We can't wait to see your new dance moves Sammie:)

Coil Fam said...

How funny! I love her expressions. Sometimes when she is talking, I'm not really listening, I'm watching. I'm watching the twinkle in her eyes, the way her lips twist around the words and how her little body is all made of springs and hinges. She is perfect...just like her mom.

The Perks of Life! said...

Great post! Mom I love listening and WATCHING sammie talk too! I'll never forget how excited she got when we pulled up to the hamburger shop on Monday, that's the Sammie I'll always remember. And Oh how I can't wait to see her dance. She really is going to be the best dancer ever because of her sassyness. We love our Sammie girl even if I have to fight her for my Caleb. :)

Ash said...

She is so cute, love the comment "I have arrived" it really gives you an idea of her cute personality!