Thursday, February 25, 2010

Adenoidectomy and Tubes in the Ears.

On February 23rd Cameron had to have his Adenoids taken out and tubes placed in both ears. We had to be at Primary Children’s Hospital at 9:30 in the morning to get checked in for his surgery that was scheduled for 11:00. It took from 9:30 to 11:00 to get him registered, have all his vitals taken meet with his Surgeon, the Anesthesiologist as well as his O.R. nurse. From the time they took him back at 11:00 to the time the surgeon came out to the waiting room to tell us he was done and how it went was 25 minutes. I am so glad it is done, and now two days later he acts like he didn't even have surgery. He really is doing so good and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I am so proud of Cameron and I love the fact that he won't even remember ever having this done. On a side note at Primary Children’s Hospital they do a mask Anesthesia to put them to sleep first and then put in his IV, so no needles shots or pokes why he is awake. Which as his mother is the best part; I couldn't stand it if I had to hold him down for them to give him his IV, the worst part of any surgery.

Here are a few pictues of Cameron in his adorable old man hospital gown.

3 comments:

The Perks of Life! said...

Those pictures are cute. I'm glad Cam is already doing better and I'm especially glad that the training nurse didn't have to poke him a billion times trying to find a vein just like with the blood tests. Falling asleep with no pokes is the best invention ever. And D, there are some dang cute pictures of your kids mom took that are on her computer. I'm sure you know that and You should think about putting them on your blog for me to see...

Shay said...

I love the old man gown, Jake need one of those.
I am headed to your moms blog to see the ang cute photos your mom took.
Love you.

Erin said...

How cute is that little guy in a hospital gown!?! I can hardly stand it! I think the hardest part of being a mom is watching your kids go through things that you just wish you could switch places with them for. Cameron is such a trooper, I am so impressed with how happy he is, it seems that the surgery didn't even phase him.