Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy Cleaning

Let’s just say that I am not the neatest person in the world. I would do the "everyday" pick up that has to be done with kids and then call it quits. I hated doing laundry, notice how that is past tense? I didn't like to sweep, mop or vacuum. But now, now that I have kept up on the house cleaning, call it nesting or whatever you want, but for me I call it "happy cleaning". Happy cleaning because there is a huge difference in my attitude and in the attitude of Jake and the kids. We are much more organized, cheerful and relaxed. It’s hard to relax when there are things that need to be done. There is no more looking through four different laundry baskets just to find a pair of socks. I now fold and put away the laundry as it comes out of the dryer. I love it. I would wash laundry every day, but never would I fold it and put it away on the same day. Then when it got to be so bad I would fold all of it in one day and that would take hours, now it just take minutes. Thanks to my mom and yes Jake who all along has said, "If you just do it and keep up on it, it will save you time, energy and stress". So now I have a happy home all to "happy cleaning". And if you are ever in the neighborhood and stop to say hi I will invite you in, because my home is a happy clean home.

5 comments:

Ash said...

Good for you! I am really trying to get organized, throw things away and keep up on a regular cleaning routine. - I can't believe you are so close to having your baby!

Chris and Aubrey said...

You rock. Send some of that happy cheer my way. I love that you are doing it. It is better when on top of it. Love ya.

staci said...

Right on! Good job D! Its so true...if you just keep up on it its so much easier...and yes I agree,a clean house=happy people.

Erin said...

Go D! You have such a beautiful house to keep clean too. Things do go so much smoother when you are organized, I need to work on that but you have just inspired me. Thank-you,love you!

Shay said...

You are so about to have a baby, I need some of you happy cleaning to run off on me. RIght now I have 3 loads of laundry to fold and 3 more to wash. Come here and help me out would ya.