Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hurry Home.

About a week ago I had to just get out of the house, no kids no Jake just me. You know that feeling when you need some fresh air and some adult conversation with no interruptions, yes you can say it, I was at that place where the walls were closing in around me, I hadn't left the house in at least two full days which really is a long time to be stuck in one place with just me and two little kids (don't know were Jake was). As soon as Jake walked in the door I had my purse in hand and was gone. I didn't know where I was going, but of course I had ended up at my mom and dads' house. I don't think I had been there even ten minutes when of course Jake called and said Cameron was screaming and you need to hurry home (my wonderful son who won't take a bottle or a Binky for anything was crying). And of course I had feed him really good before I had left, but for some reason or another he was just not that happy. I told Jake I was on my way. As I was coming home there is a STOP sign that I turn right at, well with the thought of my crying baby at home I guess I "PAUSED" instead of STOP, and then I saw it the red and blue flashing lights come rushing up behind me. I pulled over and the Officer approaches me we talk for a moment and that was it, he just told me to be safe and have a good night, but to make sure I come to a full STOP next time. I finally get home expecting to find a screaming baby in Jake's arms, but he is playing with Samantha so I run up to Cameron's crib, no baby and no crying. I ask Jake were Cameron is and he says... "look at the island in the kitchen". I walk over and I see my beautiful Son laying on top of the laundry sleeping like an angel, yes sleeping not crying. I think Jake made up the whole thing and he just wanted me to be home with him and the kids. We ended up having a great night playing Candy Land with Samantha and then Jake and I watched a movie, I truly feel so loved and blessed even if I don't get my alone time.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh man, do I know that feeling.

Shay said...

I love the laundry pictures, very cute and a story you can tell for the rest of your lives!