Saturday, January 10, 2009

A mothers reward.

I love being a mother. It truly is one of the most satisfying jobs you could ever have. I have two kids, Samantha an adorable energetic two year old and a 4 month old son Cameron who could coo your ear off. There are many wonderful things about being a mother. Cradling your baby for the first time. Putting a band-aid on a boo-boo, along with a kiss and a "your going to be alright". Those wake up calls, yes we might complain about getting up with your baby or toddler, but that really can be the most magical time a mother can spend with a child. No phone calls, no TV, just you and your angel. Peace. But the most magical reward a mother can get is when your baby for the first time throws there arms around you for no reason and says " love you mom". As a mother you are constantly giving. Giving your time your space and your unconditional love. And there truly is nothing better than when that little person you have been loving since the day you found out you were going to be a mother says "love you mom". When as a mother you have finally been given your reward, your pay check, your big bonus. What ever you may call it, but when your child has learned to love, that is what being a mother is all about. I love you to Samantha, and am so proud you are my daughter.

1 comment:

Shay said...

SOOOO sweet, and so true. I love it when the kids tell me they love me out of the blue, it makes me feel so good. I miss you and your kiddos.